Friday, November 10, 2006

Beautiful Girlhood

Hi! My name is Rebecca. I am thirteen years old (almost fourteen). I am a Civil War reenactor. Besides that, I enjoy flute, piano, dulcimer, sewing, reading, knitting, quilting, cooking, playing with our animals, and working with my cow Nanette (Nanny). Since we live on a farm I am able to gather eggs and run an egg business with my 2 brothers. I enjoy spending time with my grandparents. My favorite subject is history; I like to collect old stamps and coins. I have been homeschooled all my life, and I really enjoy the Christian heritage and legacy that my parents are passing on from generation to generation. Just for your information, 'Filia Deus Gloria' means Daughter for the Glory of God in Latin.

Today I am just reflecting on how wonderful it is to be in the stage of life called "beautiful girlhood". Except for a really bad infection in my big toe on my right foot, I am really in the perfect stage of my life. My infection has made me realize how really blessed I am to have wonderful parents, two wonderful brothers, good food, warm clothes, and nice home, a funny, clownish cat named Mittens, and our family's dog, Anna.
Yesterday, we washed Anna, and she hates to be washed! Yesterday, however, she was so sweet while we washed her. She just stood there and lifted her paw for us to wash it when we wanted her to!
We live on a farm in the Midwest where we have 30 head of cattle (beef), several cats, Anna( our Great Pyrenees dog), and about 30 chickens. The chickens live in a little barn on wheels; we call it a chicken tractor, because we pull it with a tractor. We are currently harvesting our beans on our farm.
I love to cook! My mom jokes and says that the only things that I know how to cook is desserts (that is, healthy ones). I also love to fry our own organic grassfed(partly) eggs. I can make good salads, soups, and sandwiches. Also I got a new waffle maker from a friend and neighbor. I will put it to good use during Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Caleb Michael said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Caleb Michael said...

Hi! Nice to see your blog!